Thursday, November 14, 2013

What I'm Working On - Thursdays with the Author

Question: What are you working on right now?

Answer: I'm one of those writers who writes what I feel. I don't work with a schedule, outline or plan. I write whatever is in my head at the time. I don't recommend this for my fellow writers but you have to find what works for you and use it. 

So as for not having a plan, I have a few different projects I'm working on right now. I am getting feedback from my beta readers and editing accordingly for Irish Strength - Irish Treasures - Book One and preparing it for the upcoming January release. I am editing and adding to Irish Heart - Irish Treasures - Book Two.  I continue to work on Irish Sight- Irish Treasures - Book Three. 
I've started working on a children's book Manda Panda's Tummy Ache, which I'll be writing under the pen name Miss Amanda. 
I have a few more projects in the work that I pick up and add to when inspiration strikes including a historical romance with horse racing inspiration and a contemporary fiction set in Nashville. 
My first Book Signing is next week. I am very excited to meet my readers in person and have a Q&A session with them!
I continue to improve my internet presence through blogging and social media. 
Outside of writing, my daughter'a sixth birthday is tomorrow and I'm planning her party for this weekend. Then there's Thanksgiving and Christmas fast approaching. 
Then there's my daycare kids, which for any if you that didn't know, is my day job. I run an I'm-home daycare during the week, which is what allowed me to stay at home with my children. 
So between my day job and my own children, finding time to sit down and write is not easy. I tend to keep a notepad or my phone app open to jot ideas down as they pop up. And of course, I take advantage of naps and bedtimes and weekend sleep-overs at Grandma's. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment